Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Lost in Translation or something else that sounds cliche...

So today is my first real day in Kyoto, Japan! After the 14 hour plane ride and 4 hours of combined train rides I pretty much just passed out last night. But I am here at Fujita Hotel in Central Kyoto just overlooking the Kamo river and it's really nice. The hotel itself has some pretty cool scenery and I've just been making myself comfortable up until now.

But now I'm hungry so I have to venture out into Kyoto for my first time. I have no idea what to look for or what I'm going to eat but I'm sure I'll find something. Tonight at 8pm is when everyone else checks into the hotel and we have like a question-answer session. Then tomorrow we start orientation and the next day I move in with my homestay. 

Anyway, wish me luck in finding food.


1 comment:

Sean said...

Glad you made it! That sounds insanely exhausting. Post pictures of your adventures if you can. Have a an awesome time!