Monday, January 12, 2009

日本の生活になれてみていますよ。 nihon no seikatsu ni narete miteimasu (trying to get used to Japanese daily life)

So today's Monday (a national holiday so there's no school) so I'm still in the period between first coming here and having to do any actual work. This being an intensive program involving a language that is really difficult, it is obvious my host family expects me to study a lot. But on days like this where i haven't really started classes yet I'm kind of at a loss as to what to actually do with my time. I'm planning on perusing through my text book that i used last semester and then around lunch time or later heading out on the town. But during the weekdays it seems pretty clear that once i come home I'm probably not going to be allowed to go back out. Which is good for my studies, but I would like to come and go as I please in order to get the most out of the country that I worked so hard to get to. I don't have a cell phone yet so there's no real way to get into contact with the other KCJS students unless they come online. 

Also, I tried uploading some pictures but the connection in my room is just too sporadic (sp) to do that so I'll have to wait till tomorrow when I'm at KCJS.

No comments: