Friday, February 13, 2009

Too many Sakubuns! (作文)

So I haven't updated in a bit so I figured I'd just fill up some space...

I can't remember if I mentioned that I got my cast off but I did. Right now I'm at the stage where I have to wear a brace but as the days pass I can gradually wear it less and less. The only concern is that I can't extend my wrist (tekubi 手首)to it's fullest without it hurting but the doctor (isha 医者)said that would happen. I know brusing is a sign of something being broken and every once in a while I think I see a bruise on my wrist so I hope I'm just imagining things and that everything is healing like it's supposed to. I have noticed that I have been gradually been able to do more with my left hand so I guess I'll start to actually get concerned if things aren't better in a month.

In other news, this study abroad (ryuugaku 留学)program is actually a lot of work! I have two essays (sakubun 作文) in Japanese due within the next week. Also, my part time job as the teacher's assistant for my history course is sucking up more time than expected. That on top of the fact that I spend more than I make all has me a little skiddish nowadays. Hopefully I'll cool off in the next couple of weeks, especially with Spring break (haru yasumi 春休み)so close!

Speaking of Spring break, a bunch of the other students and I are going to Okinawa. It's got a really different culture and dialect from the Honshu island (which is main island where I live) so it should be cool. Also it's famous for its beaches so hopefully it'll be warm enough to chill by the water.

Anyway, I gotta get back to my essays. Cya!

No comments: